Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Are We Changing Lives... Through Love?

Hello friends,
This Sunday we are blessed to have my dear friend and colleague, the Rev. Jerry Herships, as our guest preacher. He serves as the pastor of a new church start called AfterHours Denver. 

Jerry and I had our first ever seminary class together at Iliff School of Theology in the fall of 2004 and we have been the best of friends ever since. It has been an interesting journey, full of twists and turns, as we have watched our ministries unfold. He probably never expected to see me so fulfilled in the local church setting, and I certainly never pictured him on the streets of Denver serving communion to the homeless.  God has an interesting way of putting us where we should be, especially when we can't see ourselves there.

Please join me in welcoming Jerry. I can't wait to hear his sermon... (he's a great preacher) and I look forward to our time together. We will likely learn from him how those most in need are often the ones who most know how to show love for one another.

As we move through our October sermon series on "Learning to Love," I pray our hearts and minds are open to learn from those unexpected and surprising people and places.

**A reminder please bring new socks for Jerry to take to the homeless he serves.  It's a small way to show love that makes a huge impact on someone who is unable to regularly bathe.

Go out and love someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment